Thursday 17 July 2014

Iftaar recipes

I have not posted anything on this blog for a few weeks and for that I really do apologise. I have been so busy with the getting ready for Ramadan and then the actual fast which is twenty hours each day. It really does drain it out of you. As I write this we are almost in the third week now so I thought I need to hurry up and post some recipes of Iftaar. In our house we mainly have snacks for Iftaar rather than a big main meal. And one of these is a snack that has become traditional for Ramadan. Every household has their own way of making these deep fried fritters. I hope you  enjoy it.
Ramadan Kareem everyone.


Pakoras

Ingredients

1 red onion, finely chopped
2 potatoes, thinly chopped
1 spring onion
Any vegetable you prefer ie cauliflower, aubergine etc
Besan (chickpea flour) as per requirement. You will need enough to cover all the vegetables
1 tsp Chilli powder ( add more for extra spiciness)
1tsp jeera (cumin seed) powder
1 tsp Dhania (coriander) powder
I tsp Haldi (turmeric) powder
1 tbsp amchoor (dried mango) powder. As an alternative try dried pomegranate seeds.
Salt, to taste
Method
In a bowl mix besan with a little water making a consistency of a paste.
Add all the vegetables and spices, mixing well
Fry a few at a time in heated oil for a few minutes, turning halfway through.
Remove with a slotted spoon onto kitchen paper
Serve with mint and coriander yoghurt chutney. Enjoy
I will be posting more recipes soon.

Picture courtesy of my big sister who is also a great cook as well as being good at taking photos unlike me.




No comments:

Post a Comment