Wednesday 18 June 2014

He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven


Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with gold and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread my dreams under your feet;
But I being poor, have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
William Butler Yeats

I absolutely love this poem. It has such a magical quality to it and inspires me. It is as if Yeats is weaving a carpet with his dreams his for his beloved to walk on

.
TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100

2 comments:

  1. This poem is just beautiful ... I love the enigmatic undertones keeps you wondering.. beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. This is one of my favourite poems. I thinks it inspires the creative within me. Those way he writes 'The blue and the dim and the dark cloths of night and light and the half-light...' gives the image of weaving.

      Delete